Our Vision: Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
Our vision defines the overall outcome that we are working towards. Our mission describes our purpose and unique contribution. Our core functions are how we fulfill our mission. Our values are the key beliefs and principles that underlie our thinking and actions.
Our Core Functions
We fulfill our mission by:
Strengthening the capacity of individuals, families, professionals, organizations, and communities to address mental health needs.
Influencing the design and implementation of policies and services related to mental health.
Providing services and supports that maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
Building the financial and human resources and partnerships required to address mental health needs.
Our Key Values and Principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues
- Promoting inclusion
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice)
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups
- Using evidence to inform our work
- Being transparent and accountable